Sunday, October 5, 2008

Oktoberfest Half Marathon

"You have the GREATEST FAMILY!" was the cheer as I passed fellow runners in the Oktoberfest Marathon. I think I had the most and best support of anyone in the marathon! Welc had his dirt bike and went up and down the road cheering me on, getting me water, whatever I needed. Carson and Christine made this fabulous bright pink sign "Keep Going Mom! We Love you!" That pink sign kept moving down the road on the back of her car so I had a goal to get to every mile or so. Eric was hooting and rooting on the side of the road...he kept moving to different points along the trail. Then at one point (the bottom middle picture) Eric stood by the side of the road with my cell phone open. He had it on speaker phone and Paige was hollering "GO MOM! GO MOM!" Alas that is not all...my brother, sister in law, and sister were waiting around the 10 mile mark. What fun to have them come and support me. Oh, I can't forget my dear friend Terri Wynder who didn't want to run the marathon but she wanted to support me so she volunteered to pass out water at a water station.

I get tears in my eyes just thinking about the day and all of them at the finish line for me. This is a day I will never forget. The incredible beauty of Leavenworth this time of year, my family, my friends, and I made my goal! 2 hours 19 minutes!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Franklin's said...

Way to go, Lisa!! I'm so proud of you! What a great family you have!

What are you wearing on your ankle?

The Potter Family said...

We had so much fun! :) Good job mom!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey! That's me on the phone!

Warren and Kristen Jones said...

Good Job Lisa! No wonder you don't look any older from the last time that I saw you!