Thursday, October 23, 2008

Beautiful Morning

I love fall. Tuesday morning I decided to go for a run down by the river. Amazing, amazing, amazing. As I was jogging through the leaves as they were falling from the trees I was pondering on the lesson I am teaching this Sunday for the Young Women. The lesson is on loving ourselves, forgiving ourselves and moving on. I think that we often forgive others and never truly forgive ourselves or spend our time beating up on ourselves. Have we forgotten who we REALLY are or are we not giving ourselves permission to let the full light of Christ shine through us?

The air was crisp and I was glad as I began to warm up on my jog. I pulled my sweatshirt off and tied it around my waist. I could smell fresh cut grass - I love that smell. The big lawnmowers were going over the grass and leaves, probably for the last time of the season. I run I pass old folks with canes, young folks with backpaks, dogs, and bikes. I chuckle to myself...at the beginning of my run I offer all who pass a "Good morning!" As I get more fatigued from my run my greeting turns to a hand wave, then to a hand raise, and finally just a nod with heavy breathing.

I realize I love to run. I have loved it because the music that I put on my ipod is inspirational. Between the beauty of the season and this beautiful music I feel like I can do anything.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: