Monday, August 11, 2008

Palmyra New York

Joseph Smith's log cabin. Very humble.
Upstairs ... this is the place that the angel Moroni appeared to Joseph Smith.
Finally...the Sacred Grove. I have been waiting all my life to get here. It was beautiful - the spirit overwhelming. As I looked up at the trees I found myself wishing they could talk. I would love to have seen what they have witnessed.
I spent about 45 minutes in the grove...walking, sitting on a bench, basking in the spirit. As I left I turned around and took this picture. It was hard to leave.

1 comment:

Adam & Brandi said...

Wow!!! What an amazing opportunity. We were touched by your sentiments to the importance and sacredness of the places you were able to visit. We found your blog through your daughter's blog. Please tell your husband, "hi" for me and feel free to check out our blog page. From there you can find most of my other family members and other friends. Have fun in Europe!

Adam Noble