Saturday, August 9, 2008

Akron Ohio


I have always wanted to go and take my kids to the places of the restoration of the Gospel. In June Welcome, Eric, Michael and I had the opportunity to go to Kirkland and Palmyra.

Our trip began in Akron Ohio ... our first stop - the NFL Hall of Fame (yes, I know this is not a historical spot of the restoration).
Football is not a huge past time of mine and I wasn't sure if I wanted to spend the money to dutifully smile and act as if I was having fun. However I found it very interesting ... the old videos, special shoes of football players that have played and not had an entire foot, super bowl rings from each year (BLING!), jerseys, helmets from each team, bronze busts of great players, and yes - even an old cheerleader's outfit.
Leaving Akron we were off to Erie Pennsylvania. We spent the night at a Sheraton right on Lake Erie. It was beautiful to wake up in the morning and see the boats just outside our window and on the water.
Our next stop - Kirkland.

No comments: