Monday, July 19, 2010

Lichtenstein Castle





The boys and I caught a train (a fast one! It went 320 mph) from Paris to Stuttgart Germany. Welc met us at the train station and we all spent the night in Stuttgart and then rented a car to drive down through Germany and into Switzerland. Welc was going to be looking at fruit trees and checking out the fruit in markets.

On the way we visited a small castle called Lichtenstein. Lichtenstein Castle sits on a crag overlooking the Echaz Valley in Germany. It is a fairytale castle. We had a short 30 minute tour and then we were off on our way to Switzerland. We drove on the Audubon at speeds a little over 100 mph. I was not thrilled in the least with that. I tried to keep myself occupied with watching movies from the History channel (Joan of Arc and Napoleon) that I had downloaded on my ipod.

No comments: