Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fat Tire Bike Tour


July 5, 2010

This morning the boys and I were up early to get to the Eiffel Tower. We knew it was going to be a cool day and we decided it would be a good day to ride the "Fat Tire Bike Tour" (the tour starts at the base of the Eiffel Tower). On the bike tour I found myself pinching myself trying to believe that I was riding a bike through Paris. It was a beautiful way to see the city. I don't know if I would have enjoyed it if I was trying to navigate myself but I didn't have a care in the world as we followed the guide through the streets. We rode mostly on bike paths but there were times when we were sharing the streets with the insane traffic. I tried to keep up front or in the middle of the pack and I didn't worry about cars. It was worth the price alone for the wonderful guided tour but when he told us how to get into the Louvre without standing in line - that was the frosting on the cake, or the glaze on the pastry (is what they might say here I guess.)

No comments: