Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Michael's cross country

This season cross country running Michael has done exceptional. He has already met his season goal as of today in Yakima...he ran a 16.58 5K!

This weekend I am going to run a half marathon in the Leavenworth Oktoberfest. It was this race last year that got me going with a goal to start exercising. I realize now that I need a goal or I don't have motivation.

Last year I ran the half marathon in 2 hours and 31 minutes. My goal this year is to run it in 2 hours and 25 minutes...I figure one year older and 6 minutes faster is good! I am very excited and it is wonderful that so much of my family is coming to support me :) Yippeee for families!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Franklin's said...

I feel bad that I won't be there to support you and be in the "thick" of it with you this year. It was an outstanding memory last year. I know you'll reach your goal! I'm so proud of you!!! Keep it up! And call me when you want to do the loop again!!
Love ya!
Sheli

The Potter Family said...

Carson and I can't wait! Jared is bummed that he can't be there, it is his first day working weekends! (He will only be doing this for a month and a half though, just to help out Byron.)
I am so proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

Mom---skipping conference for running?!
haha, kidding. BEST OF LUCK! :) Notice I skipped out on running it on the same day as you! Hah.