Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Fire!


On the way home from Spokane, we received a phone call from Jared telling us there was a fire coming close to the house. They were getting ready to evacuate homes. Luckily Jared was able to get up to the house and help Eric load the Explorer with files, computers, photo albums, etc.

When we FINALLY got to the house the fire had calmed down tremendously. As I arrived fire trucks cars and people were so thick on our culdesac that I had to beg to get through. Here are pictures after one of the fire trucks had finished spraying and left. This last one in pulling in his ladder and getting ready to roll up the hose. Even as I was getting ready to go to bed there was a fire truck camped out front just in case any flair ups.

I am so grateful for the church! When I arrived, besides Jared, Christine, Eric and Michael there was Mike Anderton, the Sister Missionaries, 6 phone messages, and a stream of phone calls coming into my cell phone.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: